About Loins Club,
In 1990, Lions launched its most aggressive sight preservation effort, SightFirst. The US$202 million program strives to rid the world of preventable and reversible blindness by supporting desperately needed health care services.
Lions Club of Gandhidham has socially served 50 Golden years in 2014 at Gandhidham City.
In addition to sight programs, Lions Club of Gandhidham is committed to providing services for youth. Lions clubs also work to improve the environment, build homes for the earthquake victims, support diabetes education, conduct hearing programs and, through their LCIF foundation, provide disaster relief around the world. We also have projects like, Sapling distribution, Tricycle distribution, Medical camps in villages and different schools, Diabetic retinopathy camps, Painting competitions for school children, Felicitation of teachers and entertainment programmes on Teachers’ day, fruits distribution to patients in hospitals, Khadi distribution on Gandhi Jayanti and many other activities throughout the year.
In our club premises where members meet for their regular meetings. Club has been carrying our various community service activities through out the year but there are some services which are being provided to township on permanent basis. The permanent projects are:
• Tricycle distribution – since 1971-72
• Eye check up and operative camps – since 1971-72
• Lions hall for social functions - since 1974-75
• Sapling distribution - since 1980-81
• Services of Shab Vahini - since 1996-97
• Community bus stops - since 1997-98
• Mobile garbage collection vans - since 2002-03
• Refrigerated Morgue - since 2004-05
• Navratri Mahotsav - since 1998-99